Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twenty-First Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
Harrison’s is world-renowned as the most authoritative source for:
- Clear, concise schemas that facilitate the generation of differential diagnoses to reason efficiently through complex real world clinical cases
- The physiologic and etiologic basis of signs and symptoms, which are covered through a wealth of unsurpassed expert guidance and linked to the disease-specific chapters that follow
- Updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines
- Excellent and extensive visual support, including radiographs, clinical photos, schematics, and high-quality drawings
- Coverage of both therapeutic approaches and specific treatment regimens
- Practical clinical decision trees and algorithms
- Organ/system-specific sections, with clinically relevant pathophysiology and practical clinical advice on the approach to the patient, strategies towards building a differential diagnosis, outstanding clinical algorithms and diagnostic schema, a wealth of clinical images and diagrams, current clinical guidelines, and general and specific approaches to therapy
Harrison’s remains the most trusted resource in a world influenced by endless sources of medical information. The most timely and comprehensive updates from the world’s top experts are featured in the 21st edition:
- Current coverage of the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, from COVID to dementia to sepsis to multiple sclerosis to lung cancer
- Updated content that reflects new approved therapeutics and new practice-changing guidelines and evidence summaries
- More than 1000 clinical, pathological, and radiographic photographs, diagnostic and therapeutic decision trees, and clear schematics and diagrams describing pathophysiologic processes
- Numerous atlases featuring curated collections of important visual aspects of diagnosis and management
- Updated and time-saving curation and synthesis of established and new medical literature and studies
- Clinically relevant coverage of disease mechanics and pathophysiology, and related therapeutic mechanisms
Comprehensive Clinical Nephrology 6th Edition
Written and edited by world leaders in nephrology, Comprehensive Clinical Nephrology, 6th Edition, by Drs. John Feehally, Jurgen Floege, Richard J. Johnson, and Marcello Tonelli, provides current information on clinical procedures and conditions as well as the scientific facts and pathophysiology that are foundational to nephrology practice. Ideal for practicing nephrologists, fellows, residents, and internists, it thoroughly covers fluids and electrolytes, hypertension, diabetes, dialysis, and transplantation, and more – all in a single convenient volume.
- A “just right” amount of basic science and practical clinical guidance helps you make efficient and informed decisions.
- More than 1,500 full-color illustrations highlight key topics and detail pathogenesis for a full range of kidney conditions and clinical management.
- New quick-reference boxes with links to clinical guidelines in all relevant chapters.
- New chapters on common issues regarding prescribing in kidney disease, palliative nephrology, endemic nephropathies, pathophysiology of chronic kidney disease, and outcomes of dialysis.